Eu não tinha nenhuma expectativa do nível de adulação que viria à minha maneira. Eu só queria fazer uma vida normal com um papel em uma série televisiva
- I had no expectation of the level of adulation that would come my way. I just wanted to make a living with a regular role in a television series.
- Harrison Ford citado em "Virgin Encyclopedia of The Movies, The" - Página 246, Derek Winnert - Virgin Books, 1995, ISBN 1852275367, 9781852275365 - 304 páginas
“Nunca vou me desfazer dele".
- Harrison Ford, ator, que ainda guarda o chapéu que usou no filme Indiana Jones
- Fonte:Revista ISTO É, Edição 1727
"Vai ser fácil. Estou emplena forma"
- Então com 64 anos, que será o protagonista do quarto filme da série Indiana Jones
- Fonte: Revista ISTO É, Edição 1932, de Novembro de 2006.
"É um fato pouco sabido, mas quis que Han Solo morresse no fim de Guerra nas Estrelas: Episódio VI - O Retorno de Jedi (1983). Pensei que daria mais ponderação e ressonância. Mas George Lucas não era compassivo. Ele não me quis ver morto por esses rapazes de urso de pelúcia."
- "It's a little-known fact, but I wanted Han Solo to die at the end of Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983). I thought it would give more weight and resonance. But George Lucas wasn't sympathetic. He didn't want me killed by those teddy bear guys."
[To cinema owners in Las Vegas] "I'll make you a deal. I'll try to keep making films that put people in your theatre seats and you try to keep their shoes from sticking to the floor."
[em ser um ator principal] "Sou como bombeiro. Quando saio num chamado, eu quero apagar um grande fogo, eu não quero apagar um fogo numa caçamba."
- [On being a leading man] "I'm like a fireman. When I go out on a call, I want to put out a big fire, I don't want to put out a fire in a dumpster."
"Eu não uso qualquer método particular. Sou da escola que deixa fingir a representação."
- "I don't use any particular method. I'm from the lets-pretend school of acting."
"Sacudia a minha cabeça, como em "Não, eu apenas me pareço com ele." Mas isso não é justo. Então disse a essas velhinhas no aeroporto de Trenton, "Sim, sou Harrison Ford". E elas ainda não acreditaram quem eu era."
- "I used to shake my head, as in "No, I just look like him." But that's not fair. So I said to those little old ladies at Trenton airport, "Yes, I am Harrison Ford". And they still didn't believe it was me."
[sobre gravar Indianna Jones outra vez] "ninguém quer ver um herói que tem que escolher acima seu bastão para bater em alguém, mas eu sou imóvel o suficiente para fingi-lo."
- [On playing Indianna Jones again] "No one wants to see a hero have to pick up his cane to hit someone, but I'm still quite fit enough to fake it."
[seu casamento com Melissa Mathison ] "Era parte justa da série do relacionamento... Eu não sei se eu jamais propus um a ela".
- [On his marriage to Melissa Mathison] "It was just part of the continuum of the relationship . . . I don't know if I ever proposed to her".
"Eu não faço trunques - faço corrida, pulo e caio. Depois de 25 anos eu sei exatamente o que eu faço."
- "I don't do stunts - I do running, jumping and falling down. After 25 years I know exactly what I'm doing."
"Eu não penso que eu dominei algo. Eu ainda luto corpo a corpo com as mesmas frustrações, as mesmas edições, os mesmos problemas como eu sempre fiz. Isso é como a vida."
- "I don't think I've mastered anything.I'm still wrestling with the same frustrations, the same issues, the same problems as I always did. That's what life is like."
[ quando perguntado: Se o céu existe, o que você quereria que deus lhe diga nas portas de pérolas ] "o seu olhar é muito melhor em pessoa."
- [When asked: If heaven exists, what would you want God to say to you at the pearly gates] "You're a lot better looking in person."
"You know you are getting old when all the names in your black book have MD after them."
"I think I did have a reputation for being grumpy. I don't think I'm grumpy. I have opinions. I have an independent vision. I am a purposeful person. But on a daily basis, I think I'm other than grumpy. I think it is a case where I am coming to do business and not there just to be flattered and cajoled and used."
"The loss of anonymity is something that nobody can prepare you for. When it happened, I recognized that I'd lost one of the most valuable things in life. To this day, I'm not all that happy about it."
"Once a film is finished, it's over for me. I'm on to something else." [explaining his disinterest in reliving the role of Han Solo, even after the Star Wars trilogy was reissued in 1997]
[Acknowledging that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg originally wanted another actor to play Indiana Jones]: "My playing Indy was mentioned to me about only six weeks before shooting started, but being second choice wasn't at all offensive. I would always assume that it would be normal for a director - once having worked with an actor in a particular part - not to think of him for something else. I'd presume that he'd want to accentuate the difference between the two characters by having another actor. I was more than happy when they did ask me to play Indiana Jones, because it promised to be a terrific role in a great film."
"I started by chasing a Folger's commercial. But I just somehow couldn't manage to say, 'Honey, that's a great cup of coffee.'" [on the early days of his career]
"Failure in all other fields." [on what made him choose acting as a profession]
"There have been times in my life when I have felt I was lonely, but I don't think you want to live your life in order to mitigate against loneliness." - from People magazine (June 23, 2003 issue)
[Asked if he would ever play Indiana Jones again] "In a New York minute".
[Asked if he would ever play Han Solo again] "No, because I have outgrown that character".
[After his first screen test] The studio guy told me, "Kid, you have no future in this business." I said, "Why?" He said, "When Tony Curtis first walked onscreen carrying a bag of groceries -- a bag of groceries! -- you took one look at him and said, 'THAT'S a movie star!'" I said, "Weren't you supposed to say, 'That's a grocery delivery boy?'"
"Different clothes, different character. That's how I feel about it." [From an interview explaining that Indiana Jones was not the same character as Han Solo]
[Talking about Blade Runner (1982)]: "It could have been so much more than a cult movie."
"Starring in a science fiction film doesn't mean you have to act science fiction."
[Talking about George Lucas]: "He doesn't really understand the nature of acting. He's like 'It's right there, it's right there. I wrote it, it's there, just do it.' But you can't just do it that easily."
"Whoever had the bright idea of putting Indiana Jones in a leather jacket and a fedora in the jungle ought to be dragged into the street and shot."
[Talking about the appeal of Indiana Jones]: "Indiana Jones is always getting in way over his head and just barely getting out by the skin of his teeth."
(asked if he believes in "the Force":) "I think the Force is in you. Force yourself."
Este artigo encontra-se em processo de tradução. A sua ajuda é bem-vinda.
Provavelmente existem blocos de texto por traduzir no conteúdo do artigo. Verifique se lhe são úteis.